2011 on Target to Record Largest Number of Earthquakes
2011 is on target to record the largest number of earthquakes in a single year for at least 12 years reported Irish Weather Online, using data from the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), has found that earthquake activity (5.0-9.9 magnitude) from 01 January to 19 June 2011 is already exceeding the total annual seismic activity for the years 2001, 2002 and 2003. 2011’s total number of recorded earthquakes is also expected to exceed the most seismically active year of the past 12 years, the year 2007.
A total of 1,445 earthquakes, ranging in magnitude from 5.0 to 9.9, have been recorded in the year up to 19 June. The total number of earthquakes recorded globally for the entire of 2007 was 2,270.
The number of earthquakes ranging from 5.0 magnitude to 7.9 magnitude is rising. In particular there has been a sharp rise during the past 12 years of moderate earthquakes in the range of 5.0 to 6.9.
Just this past week:
July 15, 2011 – ICELAND – An eruption has occurred at another volcano in Iceland. The glacial burst occurred from Koldukvislarjokull, a part of Vatnajokull in southeast Iceland. The flood flowed down the Svedja river into Hagongulon lagoon and Lake Thorisvatn. A flood has never been recorded at this part of the glacier before. – Volcano Live
July 14, 2011 – LONDON
– Teacups rattled at breakfast-time this morning as an earthquake struck the English Channel. “It felt as if a big lorry had gone by in a hurry, except we don’t have lorries go through here.” The quake’s epicenter was around 53 miles (85 km) southeast of Portsmouth, Hampshire, at a depth of 10 km, the BGS said. “This is the largest earthquake within 25 km (16 miles) since a magnitude 4.5 event in the year 1734.
” – Daily Mail
July 14, 2011 – JAKARTA
– An Indonesian volcano erupted late Thursday, spewing rocks, lava and ash hundreds of meters into the air, an official said, three days after its alert status was raised to the highest level. People live within the evacuation
zone. “There was a big eruption around 10:31pm local time (1531 GMT Thursday), which saw ash, sand and rocks thrown 1,500 metres (4,800 feet
) into the air,” government volcanologist Kristianto told AFP.
July 14, 2011 – VANUATU
– Vanuatu’s Ambae volcano has begun spewing volcanic gases, and residents could be forced to evacuate part of the island. Volcanologist Sylvain Todman, from the Vanuatu Geohazards Observatory, told Pacific Beat they were watching the situation very closely. “At the moment we have sporadic explosions but the explosions are getting bigger and bigger every time,” he said. – Australia Network News
July 11, 2011 – INDONESIA
– Around 28,000 people
live within the evacuation zone but only “hundreds” will be moved today. The Indonesian archipelago has dozens of active volcanoes and straddles major tectonic fault lines known as the Ring of Fire between the Pacific and Indian oceans. – News.com
July 11, 2011 – CHILE
– Clouds of ash spewing from Chile’s Puyehue volcano have grounded flights at airports again. The Puyehue has been causing air travel mayhem since it rumbled back to life
on June 4 for the first time in five decades, belching into the air a huge volume of dust and ash. Flights across South America
– including hubs in Montevideo, Chile’s capital city Santiago and southern Brazil – have been hard hit as ash clouds swept around the southern hemisphere to linger over Australia
and New Zealand. – SMH.com
July 9, 2011 – SICILY
– A southern Italian airport
was on Saturday closed due to ash from Mount Etna, forcing traffic to be diverted to Palermo, the ANSA
news agency said. Catania airport on the east coast of the island of Sicily. The last eruption was in May. A massive flood of meltwater from Iceland’s Myrdalsjoekull glacier, meanwhile, has raised fears of an eruption from the powerful Katla volcano there. – MSN
Are you starting to take notice yet? Our God, Yahweh, is trying to get your attention. Soon, it will be too late with exception of the remnant. You can still turn to Yahweh and Christ and escape what is just ahead. Go to them in prayer with a humble heart. Don’t find yourself trapped outside the Ark of safety like those of Noah’s preflood era. If that time progresses upon you and you have not taken the step, you will perish with Satan’s empire and be cast into the pit of eternal destruction. But, the choice must be each of yours – a FREE WILL CHOICE. Yahweh’s Sovereign Rule, or Satan’s dying empire? The hour glass is running out of sand, and the hour is late, because you are all living in the symbolic last hour spoken of in the Word. Look at what is happening around you in this wicked world. Don’t turn a blind eye to all of it. Then make your decision.