400-Plus Stung by Jellyfish on Central Florida Beach
Brevard County Ocean Rescue Assistant Chief Eisen Witcher says legions of jellyfish called mauve stingers washed ashore from the Atlantic, primarily around Cocoa Beach.
Witcher says more than 200 people suffered sings to their legs, arms and torsos on Saturday. More than 200 more people suffered similar stings Sunday. No major health problems were reported.
The reddish-colored jellyfish have purple barbs that sting. Lifeguards offered victims sprays of vinegar to neutralize the stinging cells. Witcher recommended that swimmers apply Benadryl to itching or painful welts.
The animal kingdom will also suffer from the effects. Those with pets in the infected areas should boil their drinking water also. Pets that are permitted free range will become infected. Livestock will also be at risk from the new strains of bacteria that are in the toxic brew if permitted to drink the tainted water.
Soon, Yahweh will be directing the animal kingdom – as they begin to starve – towards humankind as a food source. Those once preyed upon will become the predator. Fear of mankind will be lifted from their instinct and survival will become their driving force.